[cvsnt] Composition of CVS output

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Thu Feb 8 16:02:59 GMT 2007

Braam Smith wrote:
> Is anyone in a
> position to definitively confirm that CVSNT does not write its own
> source code or binaries into its repositories? Please state your
> authority in your reply.

It does not.  The repository contains *your* files versions and
metadata.  The RCS files (all that end in ",v") that make up the
repository are a standard defined format and contain no source or object
code other than what you have explicitly placed there.

The CVSROOT directory contains configuration information for your
repository.  You probably wouldn't want to send that to your customer.

Typically, a company will take an export of the source code to present
to their customer.  It is more limited to the point in time that
selected during the export, but it also doesn't contain too much
information (e.g. developer comments might not always be "customer
appropriate").

The information presented is to the best of my knowledge.  Submitting
the question for higher authority would require you to be a professional
support customer.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/