[cvsnt] cvsnt for word doc version control

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Feb 9 16:32:09 GMT 2007

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:49:18 -0600, Glen Starrett
<glen.starrett at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Kerry, Richard wrote:
>> There is a plug-in for WinMerge to allow it to diff the text from a Word
>> file.
>> I'm not sure whether this is available as part of the normal WinMerge or
>> whether it's part of the paid-for version of CVSNT.
>
>Hi Richard -- WinMerge itself is Free.  CVS Suite bundles WinMerge with
>the Word / Excel / Powerpoint add-ins.

But have these plug-ins been developed by MarchHare outside of open
source or are they supplied from somewhere else??
In other words are the plug-ins freely available?

I have been using WinMerge for several years and I have not seen such
a plug-in anywhere.

And in what way are they pluggable into cvs?
Do we need to separately check out the two versions of say a Word
document an then push them into WinMerge to see the differences??
Or is there some other way?

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)