[cvsnt] cvsnt for word doc version control

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Fri Feb 9 16:59:00 GMT 2007

Bo Berglund wrote:
> But have these plug-ins been developed by MarchHare outside of open
> source or are they supplied from somewhere else??
> In other words are the plug-ins freely available?

Hi Bo -- Yes, they were developed by March Hare to help round out CVS
Suite for business users.  They are only available with CVS Suite at
this time.

> And in what way are they pluggable into cvs?

They are only used by WinMerge.

> Do we need to separately check out the two versions of say a Word
> document an then push them into WinMerge to see the differences??
> Or is there some other way?

If you use TortoiseCVS and choose Diff, it will invoke WinMerge and the
plugin will help WinMerge display the diff.

You can also use the manual method you describe.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/