[cvsnt] cvs.exe ignoring protocol in CVSROOT?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Mon Jan 8 22:42:19 GMT 2007

Derek Pribnow wrote:

> I've been running cvs for a little while now over the sspi protocol with no
> trouble. Today, it decided to use the ext protocol even though I have my
> CVSROOT set to use the sspi.

What CVSROOT are you talking about? When used inside a sandbox, it defaults
to the CVSROOT stored in the Root file in the sandbox.

> I have been creating a few new NAnt build scripts that are using cvs
> checkouts, but all are utilizing the sspi protocol.

How do these scripts specify the sspi protocol?

> I'm not sure where it's getting the ext, but every time I try to do a
> 'cvs login',

Why do you run a cvs login? It's been ages that I did a login; with sspi
this shouldn't be necessary.

> Any ideas?  I'm thoroughly stuck.

Tell a bit more about the environment (cvs ver), about how you run the
commands and where (repeatable command line sequences), look in your
CVS/Root files in the sandbox (they are hidden, so you may have to make
them visible for you), run failing commands with trace (and server trace)
on and post here.

Gerhard