[cvsnt] Who uses modules2?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.local
Fri Jan 12 18:16:53 GMT 2007

Chuck Kirschman wrote:
> Modules and Modules2 have the problem that they are not tagged.  So
> using them on anything but the simplest level causes problems if you
> branch and expect to get the right collection of source on both the
> branch and the trunk.  Consider the case where you want to add a
> sub-module on the branch only.  Like Dan and Dave we bailed on them.

Simply don't check anything in to any other branch if you want that.
Remember in cvs directories exist on *all* branches simultaneously.

evs could theoretically change that (since there's nothing stopping it
creating branch specific directories, or even directories with different
names in each branch) but probably won't for a while due to the amount
of potential confusion.