[cvsnt] pserver works, can't get sserver or sspi going from instructions in linux wiki

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Sat Jan 20 18:04:27 GMT 2007

Steve Franks wrote:

> I'm actually on FreeBSD 6.1, but the linux stuff all seems to apply,
> however, sspi and sserver don't work, and I'd like to put something with a
> modicum of security out my firewall.  I see no further info on sserver or
> sspi on cvsnt.org or in the freebsd mailing list archives.  I did do
> cvspasswd sucessfully via pserver for the repository in question, and it
> didn't seem to make a difference.
>
> I have openssl installed, and I have samba installed and working.
>
> I get the following errors:
> <cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook>
> <cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook>>cvsnt -d:sspi:steve at localhost/fd login
> CVS Password: *******
> cvsnt [login aborted]: unrecognzed auth response from localhost:
> Authentication protocol rejected acces

Did you configure winbind in /etc/cvsnt/PServer to talk to ntlm_auth?
Is winbindd running?
Does winbindd work with your AD? use wbinfo to check.

>>cvsnt -d:sserver:steve at localhost/fd login
> CVS Password: *******
> SSL connection failed(0): error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
> cvsnt [login aborted]: connection to server failed

Did you specify the certificates to use (CertificateFile and PrivateKeyFile
in /etc/cvsnt/Pserver)?

> My win32 boxes all use sspi currently; If I have to go to sserver, anyone
> have a windows script for traversing a tree (a rally big one) and
> replacing all the root files that specify sspi with sserver?

WinCVS has a script to do this... and within the last few weeks on this list
a couple of scripts appeared to do something similar... you'll have to dig
through the list archive to locate it ... or you could just checkout into a
new sandbox :-)

--
David Somers - typographer/programmer/whatever
Random (and sometimes useful) stuff blogged at http://www.omz13.com