[cvsnt] pserver works, can't get sserver or sspi going from instructions in linux wiki

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sun Jan 21 03:29:07 GMT 2007

David Somers wrote:
> Did you configure winbind in /etc/cvsnt/PServer to talk to ntlm_auth?
> Is winbindd running?
> Does winbindd work with your AD? use wbinfo to check.

Also make sure the AD isn't locked down to not allow the NTLM protocol
used by the cvsnt client (only the server side uses winbind).  Checking
the AD audit logs should yield useful information.

> Did you specify the certificates to use (CertificateFile and PrivateKeyFile
> in /etc/cvsnt/Pserver)?

The full error message will also be logged in the syslog.

Tony
btw. making the client use winbind as well wouldn't be a lot of work I
expect.  A project for someone if they feel like working on something.