[cvsnt] version numbers, tags & branches

Dries Feys dries.feys at tvh.be
Tue Jan 23 15:35:52 GMT 2007

Hello,

I just started playing a bit with tags & branches - for the moment we keep
on developing straight-forward - but we feel the need more and more to
work with branches.

Our environment :

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260
(client/server) (win32 + tortoisecvs)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382
(client/server) (win32)

If I understand everything well, I have to make a branch and then obtain a
clean copy of this branch to be able to start developing version 1.24.xx.
Is this right ?

And a second question : is it actually possible to go to version 2.x ? I
don't see an way to "finalise" version 1.x and starting the 2.x branch.

TIA

Met vriendelijke groeten, Cordialement, Regards,

DRIES FEYS
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Systeem/Helpdesk: Senior Software Engineer
Tel.:    +32 56 43 47 45
Fax:    +32 56 43 44 46
E-mail: dries.feys at tvh.be
Contactsheet: DRIES FEYS TVH FORKLIFT PARTS nv-sa -  BRABANTSTRAAT 15 -
B-8790 WAREGEM
Take a break to visit our site and tell us how we can help you today:
www.tvh.be

**** DISCLAIMER ****
<A HREF="http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html"> http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html </A>

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this message."