[cvsnt] Just-inTime Debugger error on cvs.exe

pamwintle at comcast.net pamwintle at comcast.net
Wed Jan 24 16:44:31 GMT 2007

Running CVSNT 2.5.04 Zen (build 2442).
On my server (windows box running Server2003) I continue to receive Event messages causing a popup box and my nightly builds to fail.  The event viewer reads:

"Application popup. Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger.  An unhandled win32 exception occurred in cvs.exe (716).  Just-in-time debugging this exception failed with the following error: 0x800400b3."

the (716) number changes from time to time but the message is the same.  Is CVS causing this to happen or is there something elese on the machine interfering?  I've done a few searches but havent come up with a valid solution.  My nightly cvs builds are freezing when this popup box comes up causing downstream processing to fail.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any info would be most appreciated.