[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.03.2260 Memory issues on 64-bit Suse Linux (AMD_64)

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Jan 26 21:44:17 GMT 2007

Harding, Jonathan wrote:
> We've been using cvsnt compiled for 64bit-Suse 9 for about 3 months and
> we are seeing some strange behavior in regards to memory de-allocation.
> The system is configured to run out of xinet.d and is using ntlm_auth in
> order to authenticate users against a domain controller.  Is there a
> memory leak?

cvsnt doesn't run long term - after each client has finished it
terminates ready for the next client, so there can't be any long-term
memory issues (as far a I know there aren't any short term ones either).

I have machines where cvsnt has been running for a year or more and it
hasn't exhibited any issues,