[cvsnt] cvs server: Couldn't open default trigger library: No such file or directory on Solaris 10 (Sparc)

Rudi van Wyk rudivanwyk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 07:25:29 BST 2007

I have installed CVSNT ( on Solaris 10 (Sparc) from the Solaris
9 (Sparc) installer as per the recommendation on: *
There doesn't seem to be any problems with my installation, and all
processes appear to be running fine. I do however get the following warning
message every time I try and ADD or COMMIT files to my repository: "cvs
server: Couldn't open default trigger library: No such file or directory".
This message prevents the task to complete, therefore I am unable to add
anything to my repository. This happen regardless of whether I use the CVSNT
client locally on the box or remotely via a CVS client (e.g. TortoiseCVS
version 1.8.31). I have done extensive Google searches for answers on this
but haven't been able to find anything significant other than this: *
Stating that default_trigger is no longer required by CVSNT. I have also
downloaded the source for the build and I can't seem to find the library in
the source either.

Any assistance to resolve my problem will be greatly appreciated.