[cvsnt] cvs server: Couldn't open default trigger library: No suchfile or directory on Solaris 10 (Sparc)

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Jul 20 11:23:51 BST 2007

Rudi,

> I have installed CVSNT (2.5.03.2382) on Solaris 10 (Sparc)
> from the Solaris
> 9 (Sparc) installer as per the recommendation on: *

>  I do however get the following warning message every
> time I try and ADD or COMMIT files to my repository:
> "cvs server: Couldn't open default trigger library: No such file or
directory".

That is a serious error.  I think you mis-read Bo's comments in the
newsgroup.  The message was regarding CVSNT 2.5.04 I think, and in that
version the default trigger still exists, it is not called
default_trigger.dll though, it is called "info" - but all that is
irrelevant - since you are using CVSNT 2.5.03.

Check that the following file exists:
/usr/local/lib/cvsnt/default_trigger.so

Also set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/local/lib/cvsnt (though I
think this step is not really necessary).

Note: If you installed the package at a different root then uninstall
and re-install in the default location.  You cannot override the default
install location with CVSNT.

Note: if you installed the 64 bit Solaris build - uninstall it and
re-install the 32 bit build first (the 64 bit build is rather tricky,
and unless you are going to have large RCS files (> 300Mb) then is
unnecessary).

Regards,

Arthur Barrett