[cvsnt] Rename - what am I doing wrong?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri Jul 20 14:54:29 BST 2007

Hello,

I haven't used rename a whole lot yet. It has worked for me before, but not
this time. It seems to work for many if used correctly -- so what am I
doing wrong here?

<e:\test\1\2\Docs>12>cvs ren Design.doc Simple-Design.doc
cvs rename: Warning: rename is still experimental and may not behave as you
would expect

<e:\test\1\2\Docs>13>cd ..

<e:\test\1\2>14>cvs ci -m "rename Design.doc"
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining Docs

After this, if I do a checkout of 1/2/Docs, I still get the old name. I
also tried "cvs ci -m "rename Design.doc" Docs" as commit command, with the
same result. ("1" is a top level module in my repository.)

Isn't this how it is supposed to work?

Thanks for any help,
Gerhard