[cvsnt] Errror cvs login aborted with pserver

KATZ Jean Francois Jean-Francois.Katz at socgen.com
Wed Jul 25 10:58:13 BST 2007

Hello,
I'm using CVNT (the most stable relase available) on a Windows  XP SP2
workstation. I have followed the instructions steps given for
installation and configuration.
I want to use the pserver protocol so I have created on the server a
system user account cvs_user (normally using the panel Users
management).
I have made no modification the the config file.
Then I added the cvs users through the command:
cvs passwd -r cvs_user -a cvs_user_name
and type in the password for this new  cvs user.

Then I have tried to connect from a remote computer with WinCVS. I set
up the CVSROOT variable.
When i try to login I get the following error message.
cvs [login aborted]: cvs_user: Switch to user failed due to
configuration error. Contact your System Administrator.Fatal error,
aborting.

If anyone has an idea to solve this problem it would help me.

Thanks a lot.

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
sont confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite
au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential
and intended solely for the addressees.
Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.