[cvsnt] Important Update

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Jul 25 23:07:06 BST 2007

Administrator wrote:
> Hello, We have an important update at Todayshotnews ! (
(snip spam)

This guy seems to be using something that can inject mail directly into
news server via a backdoor - even the moderated forums (like the
commits, which have no direct posting) are getting it which should be
impossible.

This is the second attempt by this spammer, from a dynamic IP at
mchsi.com.  I reported the first to their abuse address.. not only did
they not stop him they blacklisted my home domain for having the
audacity to report spam!!  Clearly they're a very spam friendly ISP.

So they're the first ISP in ages that have earned a permanent ban,
simply for being idiots.