[cvsnt] OT: support.cvsgui newsgroup dead?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Jul 29 08:38:32 BST 2007

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 09:30:00 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 15:36:11 -0700, Mark Spacw
><markspace at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm reading both the support.cvsnt and the support.cvsgui groups through
>>> the news interface. Since a few days, the server reports that there is "no
>>> such group support.cvsgui". But the group still seems to be in the server
>>> list.
>>>
>>> Is this intentional? Or is it a problem with my reader?
>>>
>>> Gerhard
>>

>>Could be your reader or some other local (ISP?) problem.  I'm seeing a
>>steady, if small, stream of messages, some posted after you did.
>
>The very latest message I get from support.cvsgui ng is dated
>2007-06-15. Nothing at all after that even though I have myself posted
>there via email after that date.
>
>I'd consider the ng mirror on cvsnt.org as dead at the moment.
>
>Will now try to post via the ng and see what happens.

My posting failed!
Forte Free Agent newsreader showed a message box like this when I
tried to send the message off:

Sorry!  An online error occurred.
When:   Posting usenet message "Cvsnt.org mirroring dead"
Reason: Error reported by Server: 441 No valid newsgroup in
        support.cvsgui".

My NG settings are:
Server:  news.cvsnt.org
Group:   support.cvsgui