[cvsnt] OT: support.cvsgui newsgroup dead?

Mark Spacw markspace at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 30 09:10:18 BST 2007

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
>> Thanks. I'm not sure for what you are using the Yahoo groups in this
>> configuration. If you would have the time to lay out how this news/email
>> gateway works, maybe someone can propose a solution.
>
> cvsgui is hosted on yahoo groups.. we just mirror it.  It was supposed
> to be a temporary thing but kind of stuck around.
>
>> Strange is that Mark Spacw says that he is still getting the messages
>> from
>> the news server.
>>
> He can't be - the group isn't there at the moment.

Just curious if you saw my previous post, dated about 11 hours before
yours (not being snarky, just wondering which posts are being received):

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
 > Tony Hoyle wrote:
 >
 >> Yahoo groups had stopped sending messages again and this time it wasn't
 >> even logging it on my yahoo account as failing in some way, and I
 >> couldn't find a way to re-enable it.  It had done this for a couple of
 >> weeks (since June 15th) so I removed the newsgroup from the active list
 >> until I figure out a way of getting the messages reliably.
 >
 > Thanks. I'm not sure for what you are using the Yahoo groups in this
 > configuration. If you would have the time to lay out how this news/email
 > gateway works, maybe someone can propose a solution.
 >
 > Strange is that Mark Spacw says that he is still getting the messages
from
 > the news server.

Maybe I am confused what is being asked.  I'm not using Yahoo groups at
all, so I don't know about that system.  I'm using the news server at
news.cvsnt.org directly, with no intermediary.