[cvsnt] OT: support.cvsgui newsgroup dead?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Mon Jul 30 14:16:38 BST 2007

Mark Spacw wrote:

> Tony Hoyle wrote:
>> Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
>>> Thanks. I'm not sure for what you are using the Yahoo groups in this
>>> configuration. If you would have the time to lay out how this
>>> news/email gateway works, maybe someone can propose a solution.
>>
>> cvsgui is hosted on yahoo groups.. we just mirror it.  It was supposed
>> to be a temporary thing but kind of stuck around.

I've had Yahoo groups stop sending emails before, but I thought at the time
that it was due to something odd with the email host (was a Brazilian ISP
account). I'm not sure though.

Since I'm using a Gmail account for the Yahoo groups, I never had trouble
again.

>> Strange is that Mark Spacw says that he is still getting the messages
>> from the news server.
>
> Maybe I am confused what is being asked.  I'm not using Yahoo groups at
> all, so I don't know about that system.  I'm using the news server at
> news.cvsnt.org directly, with no intermediary.

Well, I asked Tony about the whole setup around support.cvsgui at
news.cvsnt.org and what the fact that Yahoo groups stopped sending messages
had to do with the problem. At that point I didn't know that the mailing
list was based on a Yahoo group.

Are you /really/ sure you're reading the support.cvsgui messages through
news.cvsnt.org? Seems strange, with Tony saying he shut it down, and Bo,
Glen and me not being able to read it at all (getting the same "no such
group" message). Just to be sure, maybe look at the headers of a cvsgui
message you're receiving.

Gerhard