[cvsnt] CVS HEAD stuck?!?

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at Nosp_am.bentley.com
Fri Jun 29 18:58:05 BST 2007

This is a common problem for us.  Every few weeks we need to restart the
services (for problems similar to the ones that you described at the
start of this thread), and after stopping the service we have to
manually kill off between 2 and 20 zombie processes on the server.  They
aren't using any CPU, but they seem to keep the service from starting.
We've just come to accept that there will be zombies.  It is a bit more
annoying to log into the servers just to restart the service.

We run cvsNT 2.5.3.2382 on win 2k3 servers.

chuck