[cvsnt] Removing a reserved edit

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri Jun 29 19:44:06 BST 2007

Chris Delaney wrote:

> We have a user that did a reserve edit on a file and left town without
> checking it back in. So we get:

> Is there anyway to remove that reserve edit? The intent is to remove the
> reserve edit and continue working as usual and have the first person
> manually incorporate her changes when she returns.

Have a repo admin try the -u option of the unedit command
<http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/unedit.html>

The global option -H is also helpful:

<P:\>62>cvs -H unedit
Usage: cvs unedit [-lRwy] [-r] [-u user] [-b bug] [-m message] [files...]
        -b <bugid>      Unedit only files related to bug
        -l              Local directory only, not recursive
        -m <message>    Specify reason for unedit
        -r              Revert file only, don't unedit
        -R              Process directories recursively
        -u <username>   Unedit other user (repository administrators only)
        -w              Leave file writable after unedit
        -y              Force unedit of modified file
(Specify the --help global option for a list of other help options)

Gerhard