[cvsnt] New Bee: Please Help (Problem in getting CVSNT running along with WinCVS)

sriharsha.chevuru at wachovia.com sriharsha.chevuru at wachovia.com
Sat Mar 3 01:11:08 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have referred to many online sources about CVSNT and WINCVS. And finally
after all that, i am left confused about, how the stuff needs to be done.

My Question: We are part of big corporate and We are given WINCVS (which
comes budled with CVSNT) to access the 'remote' central corporate
repository where we are supposed to maintain all our application code. I
am given a username and password. Now i am able to connect to Central
repository using WINCVS i.e. both by gui and command line (i.e. TCL
editor). And how to proceed further leaves me dazzled. After all the
tutorials i have been through, i have following questions. Please help me
getting started or atleast direct towards the correct resource,

1.) Why do i need CVS server to connect to remote CVS repository?
2.) I am in the process of getting myself used to the CVS repository
maintainence and i do have some knowledge about Version control systems.
What resource i refer to which gives me examples of how access the remote
repository using WINCVS and CVSNT?

I know these questions may be dumb or would have been answered earlier but
i couldn't find an exact solution or may be i missed. So please somebody
guide me towards the solution.

Thank you
Harsh