[cvsnt] viewvc repecting cvsnt's ACLs

zac elston zelston at printingforsystems.com
Fri Mar 9 21:33:58 GMT 2007

On Mar 9, 2007, at 1:09 PM, cvsnt-request at cvsnt.org wrote:

> A more complete solution would be to implement a cvs client into a
> website. Then you would correct all of these issues, but maybe the
> performance is too slow? I've not implemented something like this
> to find
> out (thought about it, though).

good write-up...
   I've been playing with this problem this week and my hack is to
have compartmentalized CVSROOTS.  So our cvsnt can use winbind to
authenticate and our Apache can use mod_auth_pam for winbind auth
access to different viewvc servers (virtual servers).   While this
isn't as cool as a single server signon following the NTFS acls, it
does get me close as we have a separate CVSroot for highly sensitive
material, and a general public one that everyone can use.

-zac