[cvsnt] "cannot open directory . for empty check"

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Thu May 3 23:58:03 BST 2007

On 5/2/07, Ulf Jaenicke-Rößler <ujaroe at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > S -> Failed to open token (00000005)
> > S -> Failed to get token information (00000006)
>
> I thought about the "Failed" messages above. Before you read and think
> about the whole log files - I finally found a cause:
> While I'm member of the Administrator's group on my development PC I'm
> just an ordinary user on the PC with the CVS server.
> I checked it by playing with group memberships and could confirm that
> the error message is related.
>
> Although I don't know if this has influence on development of CVSNT -
> what's the recommended setup for such case?

The CVS server operations run with the permissions of your user on the
server (or, by default, the network/ActiveDirectory, depending or your
settings regarding Default Domain/Realm); you're only able to login
with this setup because you certainly set up both users with the same
password.

So, the obvious answer is, you must set up access on the repository to
your server/remote user.

-Flávio