[cvsnt] DNS alias using SSPI but no write access

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed May 16 14:36:28 BST 2007

Arthur Barrett wrote:

>>> Any other ideas?
>>
>> Maybe create a share for yourself on the repository (for testing only
>> :) and access it through the two venues?
>
> This is guarenteed to corrupt the repository.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong on this. Note that I did not say to use
cvs.exe to access it in this way. Just try to access any folder in the
repository (possibly CVSROOT) and create a file there (and then delete it)
-- and all this possibly (but not necessarily) while the cvsnt service is
stopped.

I don't know about others, but a normal admin should be able to do this
without corrupting the repository.

Gerhard