[cvsnt] Behaviour on laptop disconnected from network

Alpheratz alpheratz-news at transentia.com.au
Thu May 24 12:50:09 BST 2007

I have a WinXPSP2 laptop running CVSNT.

All is fine when I am connected to a network (I don't join any domain,
either at work or at home).

If I disconnect from the network:

+ commits timeout
+ Sysinternals' "Process Explorer" shows me that cssservice has a 'zombie'
cvs subprocess hanging around in the system
+ in my CVS TEMP directory I see a temp file whose name is related to the
PID of the zombe cvs

I have a loopback adaptor installed and ping/tracert/netstat all
look/function fine.

I have vmware adaptors active in the system and these function fine.

=> the TCP stack looks fine and active.

I hve tried removing the firewall from the loopback adaptor...no luck.

I am using myeclipseide 5.5ga (eclipse 3.2.2). I have tried using the cygwin
cvs client and still have no luck. I HAVE set the various eclipse
compatibility options in CVSNT. I am using pserver to connect. The CVS
status indicators in the eclipse GUI look fine...they seem to refresh from
the server OK.

I have tried both current (2382) and development (2685) CVSNT versions, both
with no luck.

Can't find much through google...hence my post here...

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

As you can see, I have tried a few permutations here and I have run out of
ideas.

My normal user (running eclipse) is NOT an administrator.

Cheers!