[cvsnt] Lockserver Issue

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Nov 2 05:02:38 GMT 2007

Gerard,

> So it seems to me that on the machines where Tortoise works
> it has been
> setup essentially the same as a standalone program. It seems that for
.
.
.
> If so can I make the new client operate in the same way?

Not really - but if you did this then you will corrupt your repository
and lose (years) of history.  This has been documented over and over and
over again with CVS 1.11, CVS 1.12 and CVSNT 2.x.  Do not do it.

Download a copy of the latest CVSNT server and install on the server (I
am assuming here that Netware is sufficiently similar to Windows or
linux that that will work - if not then you'll need to move the files to
a windows or unix/linux server and setup a CVSNT server on unix or
windows).

The company I work for develop CVSNT and I know from time to time people
have asked us about porting to Netware - but since noone has paid we've
never done it...

Regards,

Arthur Barrett