[cvsnt] Lockserver Issue

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Fri Nov 2 07:54:36 GMT 2007

> From: Arthur Barrett
> Download a copy of the latest CVSNT server and install on the
> server (I
> am assuming here that Netware is sufficiently similar to Windows or
> linux that that will work)

It's not.  Netware servers are very, very odd beasts; they were designed from the ground up as file and authentication servers, *not* application servers.  Certainly up to Netware 4, for example, there was no memory protection and no real notion of processes - you could load modules into the server's memory space, but that was about as far as it went.

Life may have changed in the later versions - I haven't looked for some years - but somehow I doubt it.

                - Peter