[cvsnt] CVSNT Rename support in a GUI?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sat Nov 3 22:42:34 GMT 2007

Eric,

> I've been keeping my eyes on EVS for the past year+ waiting

We've been very slack updating the web site - the "real" discussions go
on in support.evs, there was a release about a month ago and I got very
very close to doing a release on Thursday, but it failed regression
testing so I have to start over again on Monday.

> weeks, or closer to 6-8 months?  Like I said, I'm getting

We've had a lot of "milestones" but I'm not confident to name a stable
timeframe publicly - but we do have it set internally.  Also the
"migration" scripts from CVSNT to EVS will be one of the last things to
happen - so we're really discouraging migration until we're sure it's
ready.  If you want to help - download a test release and do some
testing.

> in desperate need of refactoring a lot of code and moving big

Renaming in CVSNT is fine - it just wont handle "moves" - but there are
other ways to handle this (eg: just move the RCS file).

> Do you know if there has been any work started on EVS clients

EVS is compatible with a range of legacy technologies (eg: cvsnt
clients), so you will not need an "EVS client" (except for features that
other clients do not support).  Initially I'd encourage you to do things
like EVS rename with the command line.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett