[cvsnt] FYI: SmartCVS not to support CVSNT-only features

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 03:09:43 GMT 2007

>"Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote in message
>news:mailman.442.1194236950.24527.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
>> <snip>
>> At the moment we don't have any plans to support CVSNT-only
>> features like 'rename'. One reason is, that CVSNT's
>> development _seems_ to be stalled; for > example, the CVSNT
>> developers did not released a version which is fully working
>> on Windows Vista.
>
>In addition to Tony's comments -
>* our commercial cvs suite client supports Vista and is a LOT more
>complex than CVSNT is
>* If you are looking for a commercial GUI - I strongly recommend CVS
>Suite, since sales of it fund CVSNT development.

Thanks for the info.  Actually, am not looking for a commercial GUI in
itself (have been pretty content with WinCVS and TotoiseCVS), but thought I
would just pass along the information I found out about how some others view
CVSNT.

Out of curiosity though, I thought the CVS Suite was pretty much WinCVS,
TortoiseCVS and Workspace Manager packaged into a nice easy to install /
distribute pkg.  Apart from Workspace Manager, are the WinCVS and
TortoiseCVS that you distribute different from the OpenSource ones?

Tx,

Eric