[cvsnt] FYI: SmartCVS not to support CVSNT-only features

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Nov 6 10:09:00 GMT 2007

Eric B. wrote:
> Out of curiosity though, I thought the CVS Suite was pretty much WinCVS,
> TortoiseCVS and Workspace Manager packaged into a nice easy to install /
> distribute pkg.  Apart from Workspace Manager, are the WinCVS and
> TortoiseCVS that you distribute different from the OpenSource ones?

They have our own integration fixes (Arthur has more details as he works
on that side), and are tested as a single unit.  Also the cvsnt build
released there is the latest build with fixes that might not have made
it through to an oss release yet.  There's also the ebook which is a
pretty decent installation and configuration guide, SCCI integration
plugin, Release Manager, and Bugzilla integration.

In general we try to release as much as possible opensource, and our
changes to other packages are fed back to those projects.. this can lead
to the idea that we're just bundling existing stuff, but there's much
more to it than that... a significant amount of Arthur's time is spent
making TortoiseCVS/WinCVS/WinMerge etc. do the things our customers want
them to.