[cvsnt] Betr.: Running Server Side Program Per user.

Jan Keirse jan.keirse at tvh.be
Wed Nov 14 14:44:04 GMT 2007

cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org wrote on 14/11/2007 15:24:42:

> Hi,
>     I have a situation where I need some help.
>     I need to run a server side program on certain files on a cvs update
or
> cvs checkout etc.. on specified users.
>
>     Essentially, I need to run a proprietary file obfuscation program on

> certain files when certain users do a cvs update.  So our developers can

> update and maintain the repository in a non-obfuscated version, but when

> non-developer users do an update they will get the obfuscated version.
>
>     I hope that makes sense,  ANY help on this would be great!

I understand what you mean. If it's impossible (I think it is, but someone

else may know better), a sollution could be to have the repository
automatically check out the committed files, obfuscate them and check them

in into another module. You could trigger all this from the loginfo file.
Only allow access to the non-obfuscated module to your developers.

Kind Regards,

JAN KEIRSE
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software goederenstroom: Software Engineer

**** DISCLAIMER ****
<A HREF="http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html">
http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html </A>

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."