[cvsnt] Module information

Thomas Jensen cbm_silverflame at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 13:19:29 BST 2007

CVSNT Module administration:

How can I setup CVSNT to disallow all actions but
export on a certain module in a reposetory?

I have been experimenting with CVSNT in order to
implement some solutions to a CVSNT CVS server
that I am the cvs admin of.

For this purpose I am running tests on a test cvs
server.

I tried setting "disallow all actions on module blabla
except export" up in premodule and it worked fine
because of the %o variable is available in premodule.

But the problem is that premodule apparently doesn’t
stop the cvsnt server from actually performing the
command.

This is my premodule file:

ALL C:/modchk.bat %c %o

And this is my modchk.bat:

@echo off

if %2 == blabla goto :blabla

goto deny

:blabla
if %1 == export goto :allow

goto deny

:allow
echo Operation %1 allowed on %2
EXIT 0

:deny
echo Operation %1 NOT allowed on %2
EXIT 1

I tried the same in precommand but it doesn’t
recognize %o and it doesn’t recognize the blabla
module.

Can this be setup in any file that will actually STOP
the CVSNT server from preforming the command when
recieving exit status 1?

I also tried TESTREPO/blabla C:/info.bat qwerty

Just to check if I could make it run info.bat when
operations are preformed on the blabla module.

But the info.bat file was never called.

Is there ANY way I can setup a module in my repo in
such a way that a user isn’t allowed to do
anything but export from that particular module
in the repo?

I really really want to avoid having multiple
reposetories, also because that will cause an even
greater administrative hell in other parts of the
system.

Thanks in advance :)

Regards from CBMFreak.

      Find din nye laptop på kelkoo.dk. Se de gode tilbud her - http://dk.yahoo.com/r/pat/mm