[cvsnt] Module information

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Tue Oct 2 16:44:35 BST 2007

Thomas Jensen wrote:

> How can I setup CVSNT to disallow all actions but export on a certain
> module in a reposetory?

> I tried setting "disallow all actions on module blabla except export" up
> in premodule and it worked fine because of the %o variable is available
> in premodule.
>
> But the problem is that premodule apparently doesn't stop the cvsnt
> server from actually performing the command.

What do you call "worked fine"? From
<http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/premodule.html>: "Not all command pass
through premodule. In particular sandbox-related commands use the
information in CVS/Repository and do not use the module system."

> ALL C:/modchk.bat %c %o

Are you sure that your bat file is being called? They say here all the time
that CVSNT wants an executable there. Not sure whether a bat file counts as
executable (e.g. an otherwise executable Python script doesn't count) or
whether you'd have to call it through cmd.exe.

> I tried the same in precommand but it doesn't recognize %o and it doesn't
> recognize the blabla module.

What do you mean by "doesn't recognize"?

Gerhard