[cvsnt] How to prevent a module checkout

Thomas Jensen cbm_silverflame at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 10:12:51 BST 2007

Kamath, Sujeeth wrote:

Hello CVSNT experts.

I have a module called "Mod1". Due to some maintenance
issues, I would
like to prevent users from check out and checkin this
module to and from
CVS. Is it possible?, Any one out there having an
experience to share?

Please advice,

Regards,

sujeeth

-----------------

I believe you can control commit access by using the
commitinfo file, write a bat
file containing something like this:

preventcommit.bat :

@echo off

if %1 == %3 goto denycommit

:allowcommit
echo Commit on %1 allowed for user %2!
EXIT 0

:denycommit
echo Commit on %1 not allowed for user %2!
EXIT 1

then call it with the following parameters in the
commitinfo administrative file (located in cvsroot):

ALL c:/preventcommit.bat repopath $USER

If this will effectively block both checkin and
checkout
for the particular module, I'm not sure. But it's
worth a try.

Tony:

I experienced something odd with the premodule file,
it apparently ignores the # sign if it contains an
executeable string after the sign. Such as :

# ALL c:\\winnt\\system32\\cmd.exe /c C:/modchk.bat %c
%o

Thomas