[cvsnt] Module information

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Oct 5 06:17:54 BST 2007

Thomas,

> Okay. I also have a request, that there also will (if
> possible) be passed an %o parameter (modulename) to
> the precommand script (in a future version of cvsnt)
> as there is in premodule.

You can always download the sources and make this change yourself and submit the patch and we can put it in the next build.

However the modulename is not known until the module processing is done, and the "point" of precommand is that it is called right at the beginning before any processing.  It's a bit of a catch-22.  I suspect this sort of thing should be a part of the ACL system, but changing that is painful apparently in CVSNT - but not impossible - you just need to find every place in the code that the ACLs are interpreted and add the "extra" acl types (eg: an "export" and "all commands" acls)...

Regards,

Arthur