[cvsnt] List of tags

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Oct 15 23:52:02 BST 2007

Raj,

>   1. How do I know the list of all tags in a Repository/module?
>
>   Is there any command to get the list of all tags that were
> existing in the Repository/module?
>
>   2. How do I know who has tagged a particular version of the file?

You need to have audit enabled on the server, then you can use the SQL
client for whatever database you are using to get this info.  It may be
possible to get some of this from "history" (if that is enabled) but
it's not as reliable.  The name of the user who applied a tag is not
stored in the repo - only in history (maybe) and definitely in audit.

>   3. With out specifying the module Can I check out using the TAG?

cvs co -r TAGNAME .

Regards,

Arthur Barrett