[cvsnt] List of tags

Raj Simha cvs_admn at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 00:11:20 BST 2007

Hi Arthur,

  Thanks for the prompt response.

  when you say I have to enable the Audit on the server, which server you mean, Do you mean the server in which the CVS repository was? And also how can I enable that Audit?

  And then I often did try this command cvs co -r <tagname>
  I always get this response

  cvs co -r DEC_CODE_AND_BUGFIX
cvs [checkout aborted]: must specify at least one module or directory

  Please advise.

  Thanks,
  -Raj

Arthur Barrett <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:
  Raj,

> 1. How do I know the list of all tags in a Repository/module?
>
> Is there any command to get the list of all tags that were
> existing in the Repository/module?
>
> 2. How do I know who has tagged a particular version of the file?

You need to have audit enabled on the server, then you can use the SQL
client for whatever database you are using to get this info. It may be
possible to get some of this from "history" (if that is enabled) but
it's not as reliable. The name of the user who applied a tag is not
stored in the repo - only in history (maybe) and definitely in audit.

> 3. With out specifying the module Can I check out using the TAG?

cvs co -r TAGNAME .

Regards,

Arthur Barrett