[cvsnt] Please give me some suggest about install and using CVSNT!

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Fri Oct 26 14:34:34 BST 2007

cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org wrote on 10/26/2007 04:14:34 AM:

> My OS is CentOS 5.0 -RedHat-(Linux). I can't install cvsnt.

*snip*

> I use follow command to install CVSNT, but it has error.
>
> [root at pc8 cvsnt-2.5.03.2382-rh9-rpm.tar.gz_FILES]# rpm -ihv cvsn*.
> rpm error: Failed dependencies:
>         libmysqlclient.so.10 is needed by cvsnt-database-mysql-2.5.
> 03.2382-1.i386
>         libcom_err.so.3 is needed by
cvsnt-protocol-gserver-2.5.03.2382-1.i386
>         libcrypto.so.4 is needed by
cvsnt-protocol-sserver-2.5.03.2382-1.i386
>         libssl.so.4 is needed by
cvsnt-protocol-sserver-2.5.03.2382-1.i386

the rpm command is telling you that you are missing some libraries.
Somehow, I doubt you need all those connection protocols at the same time.
How do you plan to connect? sspi? ssl? pserver? You don't need all those
rpm's if you aren't going to use them all. Once you decide which ones you
need, then you'll need to make sure the library dependencies are
installed. For example, if you want to enable database auditing (so cvs
command history gets saved to a database) and you want to use mysql for
that, then you'll need to install the mysql client libraries from the
centos rpm repository (using yum, probably).

The cvsnt rpm's should work fine on centos, I've installed that way
several times, myself.

Good luck...

Brian