[cvsnt] Access Set-Up - Cannot read from repository

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Oct 26 10:24:04 BST 2007

Thomas,

> Hi Arthur, its Rational Application Developer v6.0 made by IBM.

Ahh you mean Eclipse 3...

"BM Rational Application Developer V6 (formerly, IBM WebSphere® Studio Application Developer) is built on the Eclipse 3.0 platform."
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/developer/application/

In that case you just need to follow the instructions previously posted on how to get Eclipse and CVSNT 2.5.x to work (enable all the "compatibility" options on the cvsnt server control panel for "non-cvsnt" clients, and maybe look up the previously published info about using extnt so you can use SSPI with it.

I've tested Eclipse and CVSNT 2.5.03.2382 myself and it works perfectly.  If you upgrade to RAD 7.0/Eclipse 3.2 then the doco should have been updated (but no change to the software) since we ran through the tests with the IBM Eclipse team ourselves at around CVSNT 2.5.01/Eclipse 3.1.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett