[cvsnt] Usernames with mixed ssh and sspi protocols

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Sep 20 00:14:43 BST 2007

Chris,

> We've got some new users that may start using CVSNT and need
> to use it from
> both Windows and Mac. Currently, we're running the sspi
> protocol for Windows
> users only. Question, if we mix sspi and ssh (for the Mac),
> will that result

I thought your server was running on windows?  To get SSH running on
windows you need to severely disable and hack the windows server
resulting in basically a compromised server.  Use sserver protocol
instead, it does not require any hacks into windows and is as encrypted
as ssh.  Our recommendations for protocols are here:
http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/security.htm

CVSNT records the username as passed from the authentication layer,
provided that is the same then the user will appear identical to CVSNT.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett