[cvsnt] Betr.: Re: Betr.: Re: get a previous revision

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Apr 14 00:06:02 BST 2008

Jan,

> Probably a job matches a commitId (although I haven't looked into
> commitId's yet).

Yes from the sounds of it that is exactly what you should be using.  And
yes - if you want to 'rollback' a commit you certainly can using the
commit id.

cvs update -e -j @commitid -j "@<commitid"

When you commit this a mergepoint will also be creating which shows in
the history that the change was rolled back.

Note: there are also 'user defined changesets' which can span multiple
commits, see "cvs commit -B jub-number".

> Anything that's committed is automatically immediately compiled and
> query's are automatically checked for proper index usage.

And that's exactly what the 'build' plugin in CVS Suite (the
commercially supported version of CVSNT) is used for.  In the latest
version of this we also pass the 'user defined job number' but I've
never thought of the need to pass the 'commitid' - but it'd be easy
enough to add...

Regards,

Arthur Barrett