[cvsnt] Betr.: RE: Betr.: Re: Betr.: Re: get a previous revision

Jan Keirse jan.keirse at tvh.be
Mon Apr 14 09:49:31 BST 2008

"Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> schreef op 14/04/2008
01:06:02:

> Jan,
>
> > Probably a job matches a commitId (although I haven't looked into
> > commitId's yet).
>
> Yes from the sounds of it that is exactly what you should be using.  And
> yes - if you want to 'rollback' a commit you certainly can using the
> commit id.
>
> cvs update -e -j @commitid -j "@<commitid"
>
> When you commit this a mergepoint will also be creating which shows in
> the history that the change was rolled back.
>
> Note: there are also 'user defined changesets' which can span multiple
> commits, see "cvs commit -B jub-number".

That's exactly what I need to make my life easy, but I'd have to be able
to pass it to tortoiseAct, because we use it to do the commit.
Any chance you know a little hack for this? Sadly replacing
tortoiseAct.exe with a custom version isn't an option.
**** DISCLAIMER ****
<A HREF="http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html">
http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html </A>

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."