[cvsnt] Windows resource files getting corrupted.

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at Nosp_am.bentley.com
Thu Apr 24 14:35:35 BST 2008

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Chuck Kirschman wrote:
>
>> One case where I've seen this is if the file being committed has a mix
>> of \r and \r\n characters.
>
> That can't happen at all on cvsnt - it has safeguards on both the client
> and server to avoid problems caused by mixed line endings.

The issue happened on 2.5.3.2260 server with a 2.5.3.2382 client.
Perhaps I misinterpreted the mechanism, but the file is certainly
trashed, and correcting the line endings in the XML file before
committing it did stop the problem from happening.  I think I still have
a copy of the corrupt ,v file if you're interested.  I don't have the
original XML though.

chuck