[cvsnt] Renamed file not getting updated in other developers'repository

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Dec 10 18:33:21 GMT 2008

Gaurav,

> We are using CVSNT 2.5.03 for version control

This version is a few years old - please upgrade to 2.5.04.

> I got my mistake but are you saying that using '*cvs rename'
> *command will
> help me solve the problem on Windows machine?

Please write the OS and version of your server, and the OS and version
of your client, eg:
Server: cvsnt 2.5.03.2382, red hat linux es4 update 2
Client1: cvsnt 2.5.03.2382, windows xp sp2
Client2: cvsnt 2.5.03.2382, mac os x 10.5.6, intel
.
.
.

The rename command will certainly NOT work unless you upgrade to 2.5.04
(the server and the client).

There is also a 'case sensitive' driver available at additional cost for
customers who need both 'Hello.cpp' and 'hello.cpp' (which windows
cannot usually provide).  Contact sales at march-hare.com if this is the
case.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett