[cvsnt] cannot create <...> for copying: No space left on device

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Tue Feb 12 21:04:41 GMT 2008

> The thing you are checking out onto the client - how big is it when it
> completely is checked out (this is the sandbox size)?
>
> If sandbox size > temp space on server = no space left on device

Well, I keep all source and tools in a common tree, which is maybe
1GB.  But I rarely co the whole thing, and I seem to get errors  even
when I drill way down into subfolders (where it died on previous
checkout) and go from there, which is usually only a few MB, and I
still see 200MB free on /tmp.

If I need the entire GB free on /tmp to co any part of the subtree, I
fail to see how it ever worked.

Steve