[cvsnt] CVS 1.11 to CVSNT 2.5.03 Upgrade question.

David Garcia adgarcia13 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 21:31:21 GMT 2008

We are considering a CVS V1.11.17-9 to CVSNT V2.5.03 upgrade on RHES4 Linux. In
  going through the cvsnt eBook I am a little confused, on page 77 one of the steps says I
  first have to uninstall CVS (I am assuming that would remove all configuration files and
  settings that had been previously made for CVS 1.11 as well as the repository), and then install CVSNT.

  The next page in the eBook (Page 78) shows the "Unix upgrade commands" in a chart. So
  is the upgrade to CVSNT occuring on top of the old CVS or not?

  If not, once I de-install the old CVS, how and when do I make available to CVSNT V2.5.03,
  the CVS V1.11 configuration files (from CVSROOT) and repository?

  Do I restore the CVS V1.11 config files and repository into the new CVSNT V2.5.03
  environment from a backup? which config files would I restore? or is there a better way to do
  this?

  TIA, David