[cvsnt] cvsnt for HPUX 11.23 PA-RISC

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Feb 25 23:16:51 GMT 2008

Courtenay,

> it looks to me like we have it

As I wrote - it appears to be a bug in HPUX or that edition of the KRB5
package that HPUX considers that HPUX 11.23 on PA-Risc needs the IPF
shared libraries for the package to be 'complete'.  See the following
web site and particularly the bit under "Patch and Software Package
Requirements for HPUX 11i v2":
http://docs.hp.com/en/J4258-90048/ch02s01.html

> but at any rate what is the gserver?  how do I run cvsnt without it?

Gserver/GSSAPI is one of several connection methods, if you havn't heard
of it you probably don't need it, most people with an hpux server or
client will use :ext: (ssh) or :pserver: connection methods:
http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/Remote-repositories.html

I'm a little confused because you were initially talking to the sales
team, but these are questions about the 'free' edition.  The commercial
edition comes with comprehensive documentation and support and
optionally training and installation.

I got involved in the open source discussion since we are building
packages of the latest 2.5.04 builds on all platforms and this was a
good opportunity to check that the depot was working correctly since
there are not as many HPUX users as there are windows and linux users.
Open Source community generally answer 'usage' and 'setup' questions
with the various 'free' resources available:
http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#2z

Please contact Glen or sales directly if you require pre-sales support
or quotes.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett