[cvsnt] CVS Rename and Tag problem

Williams, Tim WilliamsTim at PRAIntl.com
Thu Jan 10 19:42:21 GMT 2008

I captured the commit messages from two rename commits using TCVS. The
first test was used a local repository on my workstation (same TCVS and
CVSNT versions - trying to rule out a configuration issue on the test
environment). The second test was in the test environment. Disregard the
differences in revision numbers. These are separate tests.

Both tests generated "Operation not permitted" messages.

Hope this helps,

Tim

TEST 1 : Local Repository

In C:\renametest\SAS\Define: "C:\Program Files\CVSNT\cvs.exe" -q -N
commit -m "commit of rename"
CVSROOT=:local:c:/data/systems/cvs/testrepo

c:/data/systems/cvs/testrepo/TRA/RTEST/SAS/Define/.directory_history,v
<--  directory update
cvs commit: could not get info for
`TRA/RTEST/SAS/Define/C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\cvsA8.tmp':
Operation not permitted
done

Success, CVS operation completed

In C:\renametest\SAS\Define: "C:\Program Files\CVSNT\cvs.exe" -q -N stat
CVSROOT=:local:c:/data/systems/cvs/testrepo

Success, CVS operation completed

TEST2 : Test Server Repository

In C:\RenameTest2\SAS\Define\test3: "C:\Program Files
(x86)\CVSNT\cvs.exe" -q commit -m "commit of
rename"
CVSROOT=:sspi:labcvstest:d:/cvsrep/opstest

d:/cvsrep/opstest/SDLC/RTEST/SAS/Define/test3/.directory_history,v  <--
directory update
cvs server: could not get info for
`SDLC/RTEST/SAS/Define/test3/D:\CVSTemp\cvsF4.tmp': Operation not
permitted
done

Success, CVS operation completed

In C:\RenameTest2\SAS\Define\test3: "C:\Program Files
(x86)\CVSNT\cvs.exe" -q stat