[cvsnt] cvs.exe spin off

HECHMANN IVO ivo.hechmann at sbb.ch
Fri Jan 18 22:51:00 GMT 2008

---- Von HECHMANN IVO 051 220 26 41 IT-BA-PZ 2008-01-18 23:51:00+0100

---- Von HECHMANN IVO 051 220 26 41 IT-BA-PZ 2008-01-18 23:50:00+0100

Hello, thank you for your reply....

Most users use eclipse/RAD clients. cvsaudit is enabled on the server.
in the cvstemp directory i see the temporary folder exp. cvs-serv6666
which indicates the process 6666 to be the cpu-burner... is there a way
to find the command by pid in the audit database? the session-id seems
not to match the pid....

i dont think that it is caused by a certain command or action, otherwise
this would happen much more; actually this happens between zero and max.
five times a week. the repos have about 20 gb, here are the actions on
the cvs-server from yesterday:

command        count(*)
--------------------
add            53
checkout    759
commit      555
diff        18
editors     690
export      926
log         2320
ls          1
rcsfile     44
remove      13
rlog        10
rtag        63
status      130
tag         327
unedit      13
update      4773
version     308

i will propagate the sspi method in future, but off course many clients
will continue using pserver.

maybee the spin-off is caused by something else, for example an unstable
connection to the domain controler or so...

can you give me a hint how to find the command in the audit database by
process id?

for instance i think i will install some kind of listener which checks
the temp-directory and if there is some content older than an hour it
alerts me by mail or sms; and if there is any content in the temp
directory after backupcopy a reboot should be triggered so the service
can start again...

Thank you very much...

Ivo