[cvsnt] cvs.exe spin off

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sat Jan 19 00:11:57 GMT 2008

Ivo,

> to find the command by pid in the audit database? the session-id seems
> not to match the pid....

Not in 2.5.03 (I believe it's been added in 2.5.04) but you should be
able to find it using the date/time of the temp directory versus the
timestamps on the SessionLog records.

> for instance i think i will install some kind of listener which checks
> the temp-directory and if there is some content older than an hour it
> alerts me by mail or sms; and if there is any content in the temp
> directory after backupcopy a reboot should be triggered so the service
> can start again...

For some time I've been considering adding an option to enable an 'idle'
thread which monitors the main thread and if it looks 'bad' (eg: idle
for too long or busy for too long) then it could terminate it, but your
option sounds quicker to implement...

I've no idea why the cvsservice would not start again after you kill the
runaway process though -- it could be that some other process is
grabbing or blocking the port...  Any chance of the next time this
happens you try starting the cvsservice in debug mode 'cvsservice -test'
I think...

Regards,

Arthur